Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Herd

We have new additions to the herd - 6 does and 2 bucks.  4 of the does are New Zealands, and two are minis.  Here is our updated collection:
Does
    New Zealands
      -2 red (Ruby & Annie Oakley)
      -2 gold-tipped steel (Larkspur & Sage)- very pretty and unique color!  I can’t wait to see what they produce.
      -2 white (Princess & CJ)
      -1 blue (Blue)
      -1 chinchilla - also a unique color! (Cali)
      -1 blue torte (Dusty)
    1 Californian (Bella)
    Minis
      -1 blue (Smokey)
      -1 light gray (Sierra)

Bucks
    New Zealands
      -1 white (Steamboat)
      -1 blue (Thunder)
      -1 red (Mufkin)
    1 Californian (Mac)
    Minis
      -1 gray broken lionhead mix (Casper)
      -1 gray point (Cookie - soon to be renamed - we thought he was a she!)

I will be having a litter born within the next few days out of Smokey by a red NZ buck.  At the end of this month, Sage will hopefully have a litter by a white NZ buck.  In March, I am expecting a litter out of Bella by Mac and a litter out of Princess by Mufkin.  Eventually I will get pictures of all my stock, but right now I don’t really have a great setup for doing that.  Last time I set the rabbits on a bale of straw in the barn and the dog and cow were very curious and made things difficult.  Hopefully I will be able to have a designated rabbit building someday, but for now the barn is for everyone (cats, dog, cow, rabbits, ect) and it works all right.  That’s it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment